Cheetah Camera Strap "short" sale!
Our loss, your gain...Some Cheetah Camera Straps were cut short (27" vs. 30")
now a "Deal of the Day in the month of May!" for only $15!
ORANGE COUNTY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS RAISED NEARLY $900,000 AT GALA 2013: ARTrageous ROCK
SANTA ANA, Calif. – March 19, 2013 – The Orange County School of the Arts (OCSA), a nationally recognized arts school that provides bright and talented students with a creative and challenging educational environment, presented its Gala 2013: ARTrageous ROCK on March 9, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at Hyatt Regency Irvine.
More than 560 supporters of the arts were in attendance at the prestigious black-tie event, which raised nearly $900,000 and a net total of approximately $590,000 in support of OCSA’s award-winning arts education programs. OCSA must raise more than $6 million each year—approximately $3,800 per student—to continue offering a comprehensive arts program.
The Fund-a-Dream portion of the evening raised $242,636--$62,636 more than last year--with a challenge gift of $50,000 from Marybelle and Sebastian Paul Musco. Additionally, the live auction raised $57,000 and the silent auction raised more than $130,000. A pre-event online auction raised more than $10,000.
At Gala 2013: ARTrageous ROCK, guests experienced an exclusive, one-of-a-kind concert performance featuring more than 250 of OCSA’s fabulous student artists in support of OCSA’s tuition-free arts and academic programs.
Major sponsors and guests mingled with OCSA Foundation Board of Directors, OCSA Foundation Advisory Board, and OCSA Board of Trustees at a silent auction featuring items such as a private shopping experience at Saks Fifth Avenue South Coast Plaza valued at $5,000; a $5,000 Black, Starr & Frost shopping spree, two nights at The Lodge at Torrey Pines in San Diego, and a weekend AUDI A8 rental; a five-day, four-night African Sarafi for two; seven nights at Honua Kai luxury resort on Maui; one week at a one-bedroom beach apartment on the French Riviera; a day aboard a submarine and two nights at the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego; and more.
Following the silent auction, guests enjoyed a dinner, student and alumni performance, and “Buy It Now” auction featuring student-focused opportunities, including performances by OCSA’s Jazz Quartet or String Trio; Montage, the school’s premier performing group; and Unplugged holiday carolers.
Guests also participated in a live auction featuring items such as:
Feature Film Walk-On Opportunity
Donated by Pamela & Tim Kashani
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be showcased in a walk-on part in a feature film currently in development!
- Connect with entertainment industry experts, including the film’s producers…Tony Award-winning producers Pamela and Tim Kashani (Memphis, Hair)!
- Rare opportunity for an aspiring actor, actress or fan to be in an upcoming feature film without going through an agent—no hassles, no audition
- Winner will experience what it’s like to work on a major motion picture movie set, experiencing all of the behind-the-scenes and production filming elements that only a select few are privy to
- Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to kick-start your Hollywood career!
Ultimate Disneyland Resort and “Dancing with the Stars” Experience!
Donated by the Disneyland® Resort, ABC Television & Kaitlyn Jenkins
- Accommodations for four (4) for one (1) night in your choice of one of the spectacular signature suites at the Disneyland Hotel
- Reserved viewing for the amazing World of Color
- Four (4) two (2)-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets
- Dinner for four (4) at Carthay Circle Restaurant, Disney California Adventure Park’s newest restaurant offering modern cuisine from Chef Andrew Sutton
- Four (4) VIP stage-level tickets to a Season 16 Competition Show broadcast of ABC Television’s “Dancing with the Stars”
- Exclusivelunch with OCSA alumna and star of ABC Family’s television series “Bunheads,” Kaitlyn Jenkins
Interactive Cooking Experience with OCSA Master Chefs
Donated by OCSA Culinary Arts Conservatory, Chef Daniel Mattos & Chef Peter Striffolino
- Interactive cooking class for sixteen (16) to twenty (20) guests with OCSA’s Master Chefs, Daniel Mattos and Peter Striffolino, in the school’s beautiful, state-of-the-art instructional kitchen
- Our talented Master Chefs will create a custom menu suited to your dining preferences and then guide you through a fun-filled, gourmet cooking experience in OCSA’s new kitchen. OCSA’s Culinary Arts & Hospitality students will assist as your group’s personal sous chefs
- Celebrate your culinary masterpieces with cocktails in OCSA’s Event Center
- Enjoy your one-of-a-kind dinner, served by our culinary students, with entertainment provided by OCSA’s bright and talented student artists
Private Jet & VEGAS VIP Getaway!
Donated by Michael F. Harrah of Caribou Industries
- Round-trip travel on a private G4 jet between Long Beach and Las Vegas for up to eight (8) guests
- Jet departs on a Saturday at 9:00 AM, returning Sunday at 1:00 PM
- One (1) night accommodations in four (4) rooms for up to eight (8) guests at The Venetian Las Vegas Casino, Hotel & Resort
- $1,000 toward dinner at the restaurant of your choice
- Premier seating for eight (8) at one of the following spectacular shows of your choice:
- Blue Man Group
- Cirque du Soleil
- Celine Dion
- CeeLo Green
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- Shania Twain
Dinner and Wine Pairing with Napa Rose Five Star Executive Chef
Donated by Chefs Kate & Andrew Sutton, Napa Rose, Disneyland® Resort & Silverado Vineyards
- Exclusive dinner and wine pairing for twelve (12) to sixteen (16) guests in the comfort of your home
- Meal prepared by the award-winning Chef Andrew Sutton, executive chef at the Napa Rose, the premier five-star restaurant in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa located at the Disneyland® Resort and his wife Kate Sutton, former executive chef of The Hess Collection and the French Room in Napa
- These two chefs were recently invited to cook together at the acclaimed James Beard House in New York
- Enjoy expertly paired wines by Silverado Vineyards
- Premier entertainment provided by the bright and talented student artists of the Orange County School of the Arts
The evening’s performances highlighted the school’s talented students in a high-energy blend of classic, contemporary and symphonic rock music! This black-tie ballroom blitz synchronized choral sounds with dynamic ROCK vocals, along with pulsating guitars, powerful percussion and a full Symphony Orchestra playing new arrangements of some of ROCK’S most recognizable anthems ranging from Queen’s We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody to Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’ and Lady Gaga’s Edge of Glory, just to name a few.
The Gala 2013 Committee is comprised of the following prominent community leaders:
Foundation Board of Directors
Russell R. Stern-Chairman
Ralph S. Opacic, Ed.D.-President and Executive Director
Kevin M. Tiber-Treasurer
Missy Pace Callero
Bradley H. Ellis, J.D.
Allan E. Lubitz
Jerry E. Mandel, Ph.D.
Scott R. Woolsey
Russ Van Cleve
William E. Bloomfield
Bruce E. Chapman
Matthew K. Conover
Gary B. Conrad
Kenneth B. Gerenraich, D.P.M.
Robert J. Follman
Eoin L. Kreditor, J.D.
Michal L. Mekjian, Jr.
Sebastian Paul Musco
Karen Child Ogden, MA, MFT
Barbara J. Rossier, Ed.D.
Advisory Board Chairman
Paul F. Folino
Advisory Board /Community Partners
Julia A. Argyros
Patrick J. Dirk
Robert J. Follman
Jerry E. Mandel, Ph.D.
Sebastian Paul Musco
Rick J. Muth
Susan Samueli, Ph.D.
Advisory Board / Strategic Partners
Dr. Joseph H. Arnold, Jr.
California State University, Fullerton
Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts
Philharmonic Society of Orange County
Robert A. Cutietta, D.Ed.
University of Southern California
Terrence W. Dwyer
Orange County Performing Arts Center
David Emmes, Ph.D.
South Coast Repertory
Peter C. Keller, Ph.D.
Joseph S. Lewis, III
University of California, Irvine
Arts Orange County
Corporate underwriters of this event in support of OCSA’s comprehensive and progressive arts educational program include Advanced Litho Printing & Bindery; Alt-Senior Photography; Audi; Audio By The Bay Entertainment Group; Best of the Best Event Production; Brite Ideas; Dale J. Evers; Eric Anderson; Goodman Audio Services; Michael Schubert & Associates; Paul Mitchell: The School in Costa Mesa; Russian River Vineyards; Travis Wade Video / Revelation Films, Ltd.; Yellowline Media and more.
Table sponsorship opportunities for Gala 2013 were available from $6,000 to $100,000. Event underwriting opportunities were available from $1,000 and up. Individual tickets were available for $450 per person.
Audi and Farmers & Merchants Bank are sponsors of OCSA’s 2012-2013 performance season.
About Orange County School of the Arts:
The nationally recognized Orange County School of the Arts (OCSA) provides a creative, challenging and nurturing environment that offers bright and talented students unparalleled preparation for higher education and a profession in the arts. Established in 1987, the school currently serves more than 1,850 students in grades 7-12. OCSA offers students the opportunity to focus on one of 12 arts conservatories offered, including classical/contemporary dance, classical voice, commercial dance, creative writing, culinary arts and hospitality, film and television, instrumental music, integrated arts, international dance, music and theatre, production and design and visual arts.
OCSA is one of the top scoring academic schools in the State of California. The school has an API score of 908 and offers one of the top public high school academic programs in Orange County. It is the only specialized arts program of its kind in the region to offer tuition-free academic and arts instruction to students from Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties. The non-profit school relies solely on private and corporate donations, totaling $6 million annually, to fund the 12 arts conservatories offered. For additional information, visit www.ocsarts.net.
# # #
Capturing Couture and Renowned Designer, Jill E. Wight, Join Forces to Unveil a Chic Classic Collection of Multi-Purpose Bags to Take Fashion to New Heights
Super Stylish Collection Marries Professional Purse, Briefcase and Luggage All-In-One
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA – March 2013 – Women everywhere can be seen carrying large-scale carryall bags in spades and that trend will no doubt prevail as women continually demand bags that can be used for a myriad of occasions from work, to shopping, to travel. Once again ahead of the curve, Capturing Couture has teamed up with designer, Jill E. Wight, who is well-known as a pioneer in the stylish multi-purpose bag market. In their debut joint collection, Capturing Couture and Jill E. Wight enable women to carry fresh, stylish, classic black bags that go perfectly from the boardroom, the grocery store, the airplane and anywhere in between!
As the Paris Spring 2013 fashion shows wind down, one trend has emerged that everyone can agree on. FocusOnStyle.com boils it down with this headline: “Black is Back As The Runway Trend To Steal.” The style-focused site went on to report, “The suggestion of black was on the rise … at Saint Laurent to Chloe to almost every designer.”
Style mavens who aren’t ready to give up their springy pastels, bright printed pants or flowery tops, however, don’t have to. All five of the new Jill E. Wight Chic Classic bags incorporate a beautiful classic black, with a crisp pop of “Caribbean Sea” interior that feels fresh and happy from sunny spring all the way through the cold, chill of winter.
“We are thrilled with this debut collection designed exclusively for us by Jill E. Wight and are excited to provide women everywhere with sophisticated bags that embrace our hallmark of sophisticated style and design while seamlessly moving from any of life’s situations,” explains Erika Koorndyk, CEO of Capturing Couture. “It is this ability to take the Capturing Couture Jill E. Wight Chic Classic Collection of bags from playroom, to boardroom, to darkroom, to airline waiting room, that makes them the must-have accessory for busy women everywhere this spring. Jill pioneered this market segment and it was by chance that she contacted us about our camera straps and we had an instant connection and solidified a mentoring relationship based on her expertise in the industry. We feel like Jill is one of us and out of this relationship, we have collaborated to bring this exciting new collection to market!”
An established designer in the photography bag market, the company’s latest collection for Capturing Couture marks Jill E. Wight’s reentry into the mainstream market with chic, multi-purpose bags that can act as purses, business bags, day bags, camera/tech bags—and in some cases all four at once. Style choices for Spring 2013, available exclusively through Capturing Couture, include:
- “Grace” – The Ultimate Purse with padded protection for a camera, cell phone and personal essentials offers dividers for unparalleled organization and a unique closure for superior tech device security.
- “Ava” – The Cross Body Everything Bag can hold a mini iPad, iPhone and personal items with ease. It provides a protective padded interior with many divider sections, a weatherproof surface that can be easily wiped off and zippered pockets/zip-off flap.
- “Audrey” – The Chic Messenger Style bag takes the child’s messenger bag and renders it all grown up. It has an inside padded iPad pocket and can accommodate an IPad, small laptop, camera and lenses and other business/personal essentials. This bag’s versatile design allows it to be used as one big business bag or as a trendy bag to carry everything.
- “Katherine” – Classic Business Briefcase Bag functions as a boardroom staple but is designed to multitask as a stylish tech carry-all or travel bag. A separate iPad holder and a multitude of pockets make it a must-have bag for the workplace and for the camera enthusiast alike. Frequent travelers will also be attracted to its wipe-clean weatherproof surface and its ability to fit over the trolley of their suitcase with ease.
- “Elizabeth” – The Chic Hobo Purse magically transforms from a stylish purse to a camera bag, iPad/Mini/laptop carrier or suitcase add-on. Fashionistas who can only afford one bag this season will want to make it one like this that can do everything.
Style-conscious on-the-go women who want a bag that can take them everywhere they need to be completely on trend for the Spring 2013 season can learn more about the Jill E. Wight Chic Classic Collection online at http://www.capturingcouture.com/.
About Capturing Couture
Owned and run by two savvy entrepreneurs, Capturing Couture captures its founders’ creative passion, spirited ambition and fearless hands-on work ethic. Each piece in the Capturing Couture collection is an extension of the owners’ selves … both *girly glam* and ‘urban chic’. A perfect blend of super-stylish functionality goes into every Capturing Couture product, for which only the finest materials, custom made trims and highly functional hardware will do. The company celebrates the fabulous Artist within everyone … and embraces the amazing thing that happens when two worlds collide in the realm of style.
Capturing Couture is proud to announce our first year participating in the National Association for Music Merchants show! NAMM's mission is "to strengthen the music products industry and promote the pleasures and benefits of making music." Capturing Couture is sure to make a big impression with our latest line of fashionable guitar straps, including our new line of childrens' straps.
Beginning on Thursday, January 24 at 10:00 am and running through Sunday, January 27 at 5:00 pm at the Anaheim Convention Center, the NAMM show serves as a hub for people seeking out the newest innovations in musical products, recording technology, sound and lighting. Featuring live music and events, NAMM has scheduled 10 stages with 150 live music acts, award shows, teen band competitions, hands-on music making and more. There are celebrity guest appearances and artist signings and performances.
With a line of fashionable guitar straps for men, women and children, Capturing Couture allows musicians to showcase their personal style while expressing their musical talents. Our guitar straps are great looking and meticulously constructed with the finest materials, crafted to be the ultimate in comfort and quality. Offered at prices ranging from MSRP $49-$89, we’re proud of the high quality materials used in our guitar strap line - supreme strength Nylon webbing base, 20" velvet lined shoulder padding, custom embossed leather ends, and shiny nickel finish hardware. Capturing Couture guitar straps feature 60" overall length, with adjustable features for preferred positioning.
Stop by our booth #1102 in Hall E and try one on for size! We'd love to say "hello"!